The Boston Celtics did what they needed to do by winning one game away against the Golden State Warriors on the road. The NBA Finals Series of the NBA Playoffs is now tied at 1 win apiece and the Celtics will have a chance to take control with a win in Game 3 in TD Garden.
That will not be easy at all as the Golden State Warriors are still the more experienced team and probably the better one. Steph Curry is playing constantly well which is not the case with the Celtics’ top scorer Jayson Tatum. But it seems like the Warriors depend much more on their top scorer than the Celtics on theirs since Boston won the opening game of the series with Tatum scoring only 12 points. The Warriors have more offensive weapons and it will be interesting to see if the Celtics who are the best defensive team in the league will find a way to slow them down.
Three of the Celtics starters scored two points each in the Game 2 loss and that is absolutely unacceptable from an NBA Finals participant. The Celtics starters will have to step up big time at Game 3 if they want to take the lead and the favorite role in the Warriors vs. Celtics series.
Golden State Warriors vs Boston Celtics Matchup Info
- Matchup: Pacific vs. Atlantic
- Date: Wednesday, June 8, 2022
- Venue: TD Garden
- Location: Boston, MA
- TV-Time: ABC – 9:00 p.m. ET
Golden State Warriors vs Boston Celtics Game 3 Analysis and Prediction
Golden State Warriors Betting Analysis
- SU: 65-34
- ATS: 51-45-4
- O/U: 46-52-2
Boston Celtics Betting Analysis
- SU: 64-38
- ATS: 57-43-2
- O/U: 49-51-2
According to the Warriors vs. Celtics odds, Boston is a 3.5-point favorite to win Game 3 of the NBA Finals which is the first game with the odds in Boston’s favor. The first two games finished with each team covering the spread in their winning game.
- The Celtics are 12-5 ATS in their last 17 after allowing 100 points or more in their previous game
- The Celtics are 35-16 ATS in their last 51 when their opponent scores 100 points or more in their previous game
- The Celtics are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games following a straight up loss of more than 10 points
- The Warriors are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 when their opponent allows 100 points or more in their previous game
- The Warriors are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 after scoring 100 points or more in their previous game
- The Warriors are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 road games against a team with a winning home record
The Moneyline for the Warriors vs. Celtics Game 3 of the NBA Finals is at +140 for Golden State and -160 for Boston.
The over/under margin is set at 212 points which is the lowest margin in this series.
- Under is 6-1 in Celtics last 7 NBA Championship games
- Under is 10-3 in Celtics last 13 against a team with a winning straight up record
- Under is 7-3 in Celtics last 10 playoff games as a favorite
- Over is 12-4 in Warriors last 16 road games against a team with a winning home record
- Over is 11-5 in Warriors last 16 when their opponent allows 100 points or more in their previous game
- Under is 11-2 in Warriors last 13 against a team with a winning straight up record
The Golden State Warriors had a double-digit lead in both of the two previous games of the NBA Finals series against the Celtics but lost the first one in the final quarter. The Warriors can definitely dictate the pace of the game against the Celtics and the real question is if they can do that when the series moves to Boston. The Celtics had a couple of blowout home wins in important home games in the NBA Playoffs but that will not be the case in the Warriors vs. Celtics Game 3. The Celtics are the best defensive team in the league but even they can not stop the Warriors from their usual portion of long distance shots. Despite the Warriors vs. Celtics odds which are in favor of the Celtics, the Warriors are still the better team and will at least keep this game close and cover the +3.5-point margin.
Many would say that defense wins championships and this NBA Finals is no different. Anyway, the 212 over/under margin for the Warriors vs. Celtics Game 3 is a little low as both teams can go way above 110 points each. The Celtics are playing at home hits time around and they are a defensive oriented team but there is no way to slow down the Warriors who will definitely go above 100 points themselves. However, this game will go over the total over/under margin probably going way above it.
Golden State +3.5 and Over 212.5