The Miami Heat has taken a 2-1 series lead in the Eastern Conference Finals of the NBA Playoffs against the Boston Celtics.
The top two seeds of the conference have played three interesting games with both of them having many ups and downs which makes this series very hard to predict.
The Celtics won by 25-points in Game 2 on the road and came into Game 3 as big favorites at home. The Heat put the bad performance behind them and started strong in Game 3 building a 21-point lead in the opening quarter. It seemed like a perfect situation for the Heat but soon after, their best player Jimmy Butler left the court with an injury and the Celtics didn’t give up as pushed hard to catch up and they managed to get to only one point deficit with 2:40 to go. Anyway, the Heat were able to close out the game in the final two minutes and take over the series lead with a 109-103 victory. On the way to the win, the Heat made 19 steals which is an All-time NBA Playoff record.
Bam Adebayo was the best player on Eric Spoelstra’s team with 31 points and 10 rebounds followed by PJ Tucker with 17 and Max Strus with 16 points. Jaylen Brown was the top scorer in the game as he had 40 points for the Celtics. Al Horford finished with 20 points, Marcus Smart with 16 while Jayson Tatum had only 10 points on 3-of-14 shooting from the field.
Boston Celtics vs. Miami Heat Matchup Info
- Matchup: Atlantic vs. Southeast
- Date: Monday, May 23, 2022
- Venue:TD Garden
- Location: Boston, MA
- TV-Time: ABC – 8:30 p.m. ET
Miami Heat vs Boston Celtics Game 4 Analysis and Prediction
Miami Heat Betting Analysis
- SU: 63-33
- ATS: 55-40-1
- O/U: 54-42
- The Heat are 7-1 ATS in their last 8 road games against a team with a home winning percentage of greater than .600
- The Heat are 12-4 ATS in their last 16 when their opponent scores 100 points or more in their previous game
- The Heat are 12-5 ATS in their last 17 when their opponent allows 100 points or more in their previous game
Boston Celtics Betting Analysis
- SU: 60-36
- ATS: 53-41-2
- O/U: 47-47-2
- The Celtics are 11-4-1 ATS in their last 16 when their opponent allows 100 points or more in their previous game
- The Celtics are 14-6-1 ATS in their last 21 after scoring 100 points or more in their previous game
- The Celtics are 21-8 ATS in their last 29 when their opponent scores 100 points or more in their previous game
The Boston Celtics have been in deficit 4 times in the last two series and have never lost the following game. The same is expected from Ime Udoka’s team who has managed to boost his team every time they were with their backs against the wall. The Celtics had a slow start in the previous game but almost got back and won. In Game 4, they will not allow that and will take control over the score from tip-off and will get to a comfortable win covering the spread of 7 points. Jayson Tatum and Marcus Smart suffered minor injuries in Game 3 and have fully recovered and are ready for the challenge that awaits them in Game 4.
The Boston Celtics and the Miami Heat are two of the top 5 defensive teams in the league and that is one of the reasons why they have made it all the way to the Eastern Conference Finals. The previous game went slightly over this margin and the same can be expected in Game 4 of the series. Both teams shot under 50% from the field in Game 3 and made 23 combined three-pointers. These numbers will probably go up, especially on the Celtics side and that will result in a final score that will be over 208.5 points in total.
Boston Celtics -7 and over 208.5